Sunday, November 14, 2010

Three Stiffs at Crime Bake


Hope no one minds that I'm jumping in here really quickly with a brief report on 3 Working Stiffs meeting up at this weekend's New England Crime Bake for Mystery Writers and Readers.


Ramona (carrying a red editor's pen), Paula in costume, and Pat in red hair extension, blood-red jewelry and vampire cape


I was there as conference co-chair, and Paula Matter and I first met outside the virtual world at last year's Crime Bake. (Paula, by the way, is now a winner of the conference's Flashwords contest two years in a row). But this year we met up with Ramona DeFelice Long, another Working Stiff, and made sure we had a photo taken before the Red and Black Banquet and Vampire Ball (in honor of fabulous Guest of Honor Charlaine Harris). Paula was dressed as -- well, what kind of monster? A writer at work.... I'll let her explain the costume but I'm sorry you can't clearly see the creepy, clear plastic mask on her back. She also needs to explain whether this really is how she dresses while she's writing!

1 comment:

Annette said...

Great picture, ladies! I really hope to join you all there next year.