Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Pennwriters Conference Photo Album

by Annette Dashofy

If you've been following my Diary of a Conference Coordinator over on my Writing, etc blog, you're probably sick of hearing about it. So I thought I'd let a few pictures tell the tale today.

C.J. Lyons wowed the crowd with two workshops Friday.


The big event was the keynote dinner Friday night. I rarely get all dressed up so it was a prime photo op. Here I am with fellow Working Stiff, Martha Reed.


A high school prom had kept us entertained the previous night and since it was now our turn to be all decked out, I highjacked Mike Silvestri to be my pretend prom date.


Lisa Scottoline was a hit, as I knew she would be. Here she is signing her book for my friend and critique buddy, Mary Jane Roth.


I love this picture.


Jackie Werth sells tickets for the basket raffle.


Sandy Stephen and Martha Reed hanging out in the hotel bar...


...along with Kathy Shoop and Sylvia Foil.


Saturday morning began with breakfast and the annual Pennwriters general meeting.


Tim Esaias gave a funny and inspirational keynote speech at Saturday's lunch.


New Working Stiff, Paula Matter, Mike Crawmer and I hang out in the Hospitality Suite.


Nate Hardy talks about marketing in a Saturday workshop.


Here are several shots from Saturday night's Beach Party.





Just some of the wonderful baskets we raffled off during Sunday's closing ceremonies:


Here are two tired and relieved Pennwriters: President Lisa Kastner and me.


It was a wonderful weekend. Everything went better than I could have dreamed.

And, no, I'm never doing it again!

Special thanks to Doris Dumrauf, Colette Garmer, and Lorraine Henderson for helping provide the pictures.

18 comments:

Tory said...

Great pics, Annette!

I'm so sorry I couldn't make it this year, it looks like it was SO MUCH FUN.

Martha Reed said...

Annette, I keep saying it because it's true: what a wonderful, wonderful event. Informative doesn't begin to touch it and It was a real pleasure attending a conference with such a professional (and friendly and fun) calibre of attendees. Everyone was so nice and helpful; I'm sure a lot of good things will come out of it.

Kudus to you and the other volunteers. I'm sure this was a conference we will all remember for years to come and I love the pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Joyce Tremel said...

Great photos!

It was an excellent conference. You should be very proud of yourself, Annette.

Annette said...

We missed you, too, Tory.

Martha, glad you had a good time.

Now I can kick back and enjoy NEXT year's conference!

Annette said...

Joyce, I don't know if I've thought about "proud." I'm definitely RELIEVED that it turned out so well and that all my planning wasn't for naught.

Jenna said...

Looks like a great time was had by all. Good job, Annette! Great pictures, too. Wish I could have been there...

Donnell Ann Bell said...

LOL, Annette, you're never doing it again? but you look like you're having so much fun ;) I'm curious, what's a beach party. I don't see one hula dancer ;)Great pictures, when I grow up and get rich ha ha ha, I'm coming!

Wilfred Bereswill said...

Cool photos. Always nice to put faces with names. My gosh, Annette, you clean up right nice.

OH, never say never.

Kenna Coltman said...

Thanks for sharing the pics, Annette. It's nice to put faces with names. Like others, I wish I could have been there - perhaps in coming years!

And congrats on organizing a successful event. I know what a huge task that can be. We've organized a benefit carnival for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society the last two years (it's this coming weekend), and it's a big job. But when everyone has a good time and learns something in the process, it's so worth the effort!

Now relax and take a much-deserved breather!
Kenna

Annette said...

Will, John Lamb said the same thing. Guess I spend too much time in blue jeans and t-shirts.

And I do mean NEVER. I will happily throw together a one day workshop, but NEVER another conference. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.

Kenna, good luck with your benefit carnival!

Donnell, as a perk for doing this year's conference, I get a free hotel room for next year (among other things), so if you want to come, you can room with me. That'll save you some $$$.

We had people there from Maine, California, Alaska, and Puerto Rico! Amazing.

Donnell Ann Bell said...

Is that a no? :) Okay, Annette, I'll think about it. I just had some dear friends move to Philadelphia. Might have to combine my trek.

Annette said...

Donnell, the conference is in Lancaster next year, which is much closer to Philadelphia than Pittsburgh is.

Meredith Cole said...

I'm so glad it was a success, Annette! I'm sure you're happy to get back to your writing now, though.

Ayleen said...

Your pictures really capture a lot of the conference, Annette. What a great weekend! I especially like the one of all of us at breakfast.

Patg said...

I'M NEVER GOING TO DO IT AGAIN!!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. How many times have I said that through my convention years? Minimum 100, I'm sure.
Forget it! It's pure love, and hard to get away from.
Looks like everyone had a great time, which is a satisfaction you can be proud of.
Patg

Kristine said...

Great pictures, Annette! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I know I missed a great conference.

Annette said...

Yes, you did, Kristine! We missed you, too!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Meredith! I'll bet Annette is glad to get back to writing. I know I'm glad seeing how I'm in her critique group!

Paula