Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ask The Reader

by Joyce

I've been emailing back and forth with the other Working Stiffs today trying to come up with some ideas to keep the blog "fresh." Some of us have been doing this blogging thing for over three years and sometimes it's not easy to come up with topics that haven't been done to death.

Pat's flash fiction bit and poll the other day were a lot of fun, and I was thinking maybe we need more of something like that. We've started brainstorming an idea for the month of February that looks promising if we can figure out what the heck we're doing.

I'm going to take this opportunity to ask some questions of our readers.

  • What kinds of posts would you like to see on Working Stiffs?
  • Are there any particular topics you'd like to see covered? 
  • Would you like us to pick a theme or a central question each week or each month and have the posts relate to it?
  • Are there any authors you'd like to see as guest bloggers?
  • Would any of you readers like to guest blog?
That's all I can think of right now. If you come up with anything else, please put it in your comments. Remember, this blog is for you--the readers, so please chime in and tell us what you think. Even if you've never commented before, we want to hear from you!

5 comments:

Ramona said...

Hi Joyce. I read your post and thought about it for a bit. I can only answer for myself, but I always enjoy craft-related posts, such as the POV discussion. I also like the theme of the week idea. It might be interesting to get 5 perspectives on the same topic.

Other suggestions? Reviews of writing-related books. Deconstruct famous mysteries. Discuss famous characters (EX: Scarlett O'Hara--belle or bitch?) Post about the different types of mysteries, or the history of mysteries.

As a reader, I come to be entertained and to "visit" with you guys. It's a bonus to learn or leave with a writing topic to ponder.

I hope you guys don't change much, though. This is a great blog.

Joyce Tremel said...

Thanks for the ideas, Ramona!

Don't worry, we don't plan on changing too much. We just want to add some interest so we don't get stale (and make writing posts easier for us, too).

The Nitty Gritty of Writing said...

Hi there - I just found this blog and I really like it! I vote for the theme of the week idea, but I'm new here and so I want to read more of your posts before I suggest something you have already been doing.

Joyce Tremel said...

Welcome to Working Stiffs!

I think most of us are leaning toward the theme idea, but we also have some unique ideas for February. Stay tuned!

queenofmean said...

Ramona, you did have some great ideas. I do think the theme of the week does sound good.