Monday, March 12, 2012

STICKING A FORK IN IT

by Gina Sestak

As those of you who have been reading posts for the past few days know, Working Stiffs is drawing to an end.

[Excuse me while I go cry in a corner for awhile.]

Ahem.  OK.  I'm back now.   I've enjoyed participating.  As a writing exercise, it's good to have something due periodically, a reminder that yes, it is possible write, even when the muse hasn't wandered in to strike a mood.

Most of my posts have been personal stream of consciousness essays, discussing my past and present.  I guess it's now time to think of the future . . .

SO . . .

Goodbye, farewell, aufweidersein, adieu.

It's been a blast.

And, in keeping with the habit I've established over the past year or so, here's a Bollywood clip for your enjoyment:


Seems to go with the mood.  In the film, these characters (Dev and Maya) have had an affair which they finally confess to their respective spouses.  The spouses do not take it well; both Dev and Maya are thrown out but, each thinking that the other has made peace at home, they go their separate ways, into loneliness . . .

OK.  Losing this blog won't be that bad.  I hope.

4 comments:

Annette said...

Gina, have you ever considered doing your own blog?

Joyce Tremel said...

Gina, you should DEFINITELY start your own blog! I'd read it.

Karen in Ohio said...

Ditto. I love the Bollywood clips.

It's very sad to lose this blog, but I'm so happy to have met you all, including Annette and Bente in person.

Mazel tov to you all.

Ramona said...

+3 on starting your own blog, Gina!