Monday, February 21, 2011

Enjoying the Weekend

by Wilfred Bereswill

I'm sorry for the short post this Monday morning, but you all are the victims of a busy and beautiful weekend in St. Louis.  On Saturday morning I woke up to several emails that needed to be tended to.  My day job never seems to carry regular hours.  In addition, the emails promise to add a little spice to Monday morning.  After that, we spent most of the day with our youngest daughter, Kaitlin who is a nursing student at Mizzou.  She is in town this weekend to see her boyfriend who is an engineering student at West Point Military Academy.  I've mentioned before that my wife and I are adjusting to an empty nest.  So it's nice to spend time with the kids.  As I write this, she is packing to return to school.

As far as today, Sunday, well you have Mother Nature to blame.  It's 73 degrees out and we just got back from cruising around topless.  One of my favorite pastimes.



I need to cut this short because I need to kiss my daughter and send her on her way back to school and then we are heading to the deck with a cooler of beer to grill some pork steaks for the in-laws and my oldest daughter & husband who will be arriving soon.

When you read this Monday morning I'm sure to be in meetings discussing those emails I mentioned at the top of the blog.  Then I will be preparing to take a quick trip on Tuesday and Wednesday to Chicago, so I'm not sure how much time I'll have to check back in.

I hope you had an enjoyable weekend recovering from the rough winter weather we all seem to be having.

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Nice wheels, Wil!

I spent the weekend judging a writing contest. It was great.

But, dang, now I want a grilled pork steak, which is an odd thing to crave at 7:30 in the morning.

Jenna said...

Sounds like you had a great time, Freddy! And time with family is always well spent. Provided one likes one's family, I guess.

Wilfred Bereswill said...

It was a really nice weekend, beer, family, beer, food, beer, hockey games of TV, beer, 70 dergree temps, beer, driving around...

Well you get the picture. Actually I think I accounted for every beer I consumed this weekend.