Monday, March 26, 2007

Lost

by Judith Evans Thomas

I am sitting on the porch of my Hilton Head home watching a crane, who I have nicknamed Helen, stalk fish in our marsh. Technically I don't own this marsh but considering I have a front row seat to all marsh activities, I feel as if it's mine... and Helen's of course.

It's so quiet and and I'm so relaxed that I have nothing to say... or maybe it's that I don't want to say anything; I just want to be here and enjoy. I could write about the value of solitude and relaxation but then I wouldn't be enjoying it... so I'm going back to my porch. Where do you go to be alone and zen out?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Homewood Cemetary. There's a tree I sit under there.

Anonymous said...

Oh my...my favorite spot is the ocean or marsh on Kiawah island. But I have pockets all over Pittsburgh to vege out and relax since my opportunities to be on Kiawah are far between. Thanks for the journey into the marsh.