Friday, May 29, 2009

SHORT STORY CONTEST!

This arrived in my Facebook inbox today, and I thought I'd share, since I know some of you out there write short stories. I can't do it myself - can't seem to think small enough - but every time one of these crosses my field of vision I try to convince myself to try again:

Your Chance To Have a Mystery/Crime Story Published

We are accepting entries for a short story contest in the mystery/crime genre.

Create a new story, rewrite an old one, or include a chapter from your novel. (5000 words maximum)

Deadline for entries is July 1, 2009 (midnight et)

Second Wind Management will choose the top three entries, which will be posted on the website (on or around July 7th) so readers can vote for their favorite.

The winner will be published in the upcoming mystery/crime anthology from Second Wind Publishing. The winner will also be awarded three free copies of the book.

Here's the link for more information:

http://secondwindpublishing.com/murderisonthewind.html

Let the writing begin!

No comments: