Tuesday, September 22, 2009

On The Road Again (And Loving It)

By Martha Reed

So there I was, gearing up for Fall with the kids in school and a list of project as long as my arm to get my through the Winter (including finishing up my new manuscript) when I opened an email and found an amazing and wonderful thing. A very long-time friend (I hesitate to call her an Old Friend, she’d smack me for sure) invited me up to her Canadian cottage for a long weekend.

I feel like I won the lottery.

You see, I love Lake Muskoka, two hours north of Toronto. I sort of grew up there over the summers, and every time my family moved somewhere because of my Dad’s career I was usually okay with it because I knew my summers would be spent with my friends up there. Muskoka owns my roots – it’s my truest home. The only reason I don’t live there is because it’s bone-cracking cold four months out of the year and I hate when the snow is up to my ... ears. I had enough of that living in Boston!

To make up for this short blog, I’m sharing a link to a ghost story I wrote about Muskoka: The Haunting of Dalton Primble, published in Spinetingler Magazine. Fall is the perfect time for a ghost story, so enjoy! I think I captured the magic of Muskoka pretty well with Dalton so please take a look and let me know what you think!

Here's the link: http://www.spinetinglermag.com/canadian2006story9.htm

On the road again and loving it. Take care.

Martha

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Very creepy story. Don't think I'll visit anytime soon...