Thursday, December 03, 2009

Bumper stickers & Flair

By Paula Matter

I had a hard time coming up with a post today.

I did have a few ideas, but they didn't pan out. Copyright issues and all that. One bordered on plagiarism.

No excuses. Not good ones anyway. And I won't bore you with the two valid ones I do have.

I went to good ole Facebook looking to see if I could get what I wanted there, and I did find something. Worthwhile? No. Related to writing? No. Fun? In my opinion, yes.

So...here are a few of my favorite bumper stickers/photos if Blogger will allow me to do what I want.
















What are some of your favorite bumper stickers? Are there some you like, but wouldn't dare have on your car?



9 comments:

Annette said...

I want the Achmed bumper sticker!

I love bumper stickers. You can learn a lot about the driver of the car by what kind of bumper stickers he has on it. Sometimes I wonder if the guy behind the wheel realizes the message he's sending to world with all those stickers.

Joyce Tremel said...

I love Achmed.

I know I've seen bumper stickers that I like, but my brain is not awake yet. Maybe after more coffee I'll come up with some.

The Santa ones remind me of a button I used to have that said: On Santa's naughty list, and proud of it.

Anonymous said...

Not a bumper sticker but my favorite button said:

St. Ptrick was a saint...I ain't.

Guess what day I wore it??

P

Ramona said...

I don't have any stickers on my car, but if I did, I'd have to go with a "I [heart] Mr. Darcy" type, because I am a big Jane geek.

Jenna said...

I don't have any bumperstickers on my car either, but I enjoy the one that says 'My Karma ran over my Dogma.'

Gina said...

I don't have any bumper stickers, although I've thought of getting one of those COEXIST ones made out of the symbols of various religions. Does anybody know where they come from?

One of my all time favorites, though, is:

Old age and bitterness will always overcome youth and beauty.

I only saw it once, years ago, but it's stuck in my mind ever since.

Patg said...

Love this!
My favorite was:
Get any closer and I'll be able to see the whites of your eyes, and then you know what could happen!
Ramona, I too am a major Janite. Belong to the US Society, however I'm a Captain Wentworth person. Heavy sigh!
Jennie, I so loved yours I wrote it out and put it on my desk.
Patg

Patg said...

Oh my gosh, the word verification is 'undoo'.
Is that a hint? Suggestion? Warning?

Patg

Annette said...

Thank you, Gina! That was the one I was trying to think of pre-caffeine this morning. If you find out where they sell them, get me one, too. Or let me know where so I can get it myself.