Thursday, October 07, 2010

Trick or Treat

By Paula Matter

I'm not a fan of scary stuff. I don't watch scary movies; I don't read scary novels. Well, not the gory horror ones. Suspense, yes. Thrillers, yes. But all of those Halloween/scary ass dolls/chainsaw movies? Nope. You'll never catch me watching one of them. I took baths for weeks after watching Psycho.

About the only thing I like about Halloween is I get to buy an assortment of candy. I also like seeing the neighborhood kids dressed in their costumes come to the door. Y'know, the ones who will get the so-so candy we bought while we keep the good stuff. And by we of course I mean I.

Otherwise, forget it. I do not like scary, spooky stuff.

This is my way of saying I couldn't come up with a single story that goes with our theme. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

No ghosts, human or animal. No visions of any kind. Oh, sure, there have been a couple of instances where I've had funny feelings--premonitions, I guess. And there have been times when I felt the presence of a lost loved one.


But everyone has those. Right?

In order to be a good sport and follow our theme, I pored over the Internet searching for some fun, not-too-scary videos, or games, or quizzes. I finally found one that I liked:



Now, that was funny.

9 comments:

Joyce Tremel said...

Very funny!

Laurie said...

I'm with you Paula! I'm more into Halloween for the candy and costumes not the scary movie part.

Karen in Ohio said...

You got me!

Sheesh, getting my heart restarted now.

My word verification: Pants Which is what that caused me to do!

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

So who are you sending to clean the coffee off my desk? Too funny!

Ramona said...

LOL, you got me!

Annette said...

Ha! I'm not falling for that one. (Someone already got me with it, so I knew better than click the link. Fool me once, shame on me, etc etc.)

Paula Matter said...

Whew, I'm glad y'all are such good sports!

Ooh, I love my word verification: inksmita. How cool is that?!

Patg said...

I have a great fall picture for all you scardicats, but it wasn't a link just a picture sent to me by a friend who sends me all those gooey, cutsey things. Have to admit to like the picture, because I love all fall stuff. I'll forward it if you tell me you 'want' it.
Patg

Anonymous said...

I knew what was coming and still jumped!

P