Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What If



Yesterday, as Hubby and I drove home from Camp Dashofy in Confluence, we entertained ourselves with a game of What If.

What If should be familiar to writers. We ask ourselves what if such and such happened and then create an entire novel around the premise. Since I’m in Frenzied Rewrite Hell, I’ve been playing What If a lot recently. What if this character wasn’t a stranger to that character, but was an old friend? How would that change the story? Would it improve it? YES! Time for more rewriting.

As for Hubby and I, we went through our usual list of What Ifs including what if money were no object, what kind of car would you buy? What if money WERE an issue and something happened to my car, what kind of car would I replace it with? Argh! I love my car. I didn’t like that one.

Hubby threw a new one at me inspired I suppose by a recent viewing of The Bucket List. And since I’m in Frenzied Rewrite Hell and can’t think of anything else to blog about, I’m going to pose it to you.

What if you knew you were going to die and money was no object, what one thing would you do?

My answer was easy. I’d go out West. Colorado. Wyoming. Rocky Mountain High and all that. When I turned the question on Hubby, he replied that he was going with me and taking his fly rod.



Your turn. Money is no object. You only get one shot at this Bucket List. What one thing would you do with your remaining time on earth?

14 comments:

Ramona said...

Since money is no object, first I would buy some courage, and then I'd go to Antarctica by ship.

Fun game, Annette.

Annette said...

Antarctica? Wow, Ramona. And brrrr! Even though it's horribly hot and humid, I don't think I'm ready for THAT kind of cool down!

Gina said...

Annette -
It could depend upon how much time I had left - would I have an hour or a year to do that one last thing? Actually, the choice is easy, no matter how much time was left. I would put the money into at least starting the process of filming my screenplay THE SPIRAL PATH. No question.

Joyce Tremel said...

Wow. You have a lot of nerve making me think this early in the morning.

This may sound really boring, but I think I'd just want to hang out with hubby and the boys. And eat lots of ice cream with no thought of what it was adding to the size of my hips.

Martha Reed said...

Great question, Annette.

I would start traveling east and not quit until I went all the way around the world exploring all the cool places like Crete, Tibet, New Zealand and Fiji. And if I had more time, I'd do it again!

Annette said...

Joyce, you could take hubby and the boys with you, ya know.

Gina, filming your screenplay is a great one!

Martha, stop off in Boulder on your way through to say "hi" to me.

Joyce Tremel said...

I know I could take them with me, but I can't think of anywhere I'd want to go! Yes, I really am that boring.

Joyce Tremel said...

Okay. After three cups of coffee, I may have come up with something. I'd move to Gettysburg and open a bed and breakfast.

Annette said...

Joyce, I knew Gettysburg would have to figure into it somehow.

And you can serve ice cream at you B&B.

Jenna said...

Take the hubby and kids and go to Norway. I've spent enough time away from the rest of my family.

If that's too depressing an answer, I'd travel. See the world before it's too late.

Karen in Ohio said...

I'd travel, but I'd take my family with me. It would be such fun to see all the sights of the world with them, sharing what I've seen, and sharing what they have already seen that I have not. (One of my daughters visited five continents before her 20th birthday!)

While traveling, I'd be spending quality time with my kids and my grandson. My husband, who hates to travel, would just have to deal. :-)

Eugenia Parrish said...

I'd grab the kids and grandkids and take them wherever they wanted to go. And write a book about it! Or at least as many stories as I could.

C.L. Phillips said...

No fair - I can't make up my mind!

Annette said...

Seems like lots of us would want to travel! Except for our filmmaker, Gina.

C.L., that's part of the fun of the game! The other part is you can always change your mind.