Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Meet Amelia Fortune : And vote for a cover

by C. L. Phillips

Amelia Fortune, a twenty-four year old widow, is unjustly convicted of wrongful death of her husband, Tommy.  After the verdict, she's viciously beaten in county jail.  The ADA offers her a plea deal.  The catch?  Amelia must trade what she values most in life, her integrity, and confess to being responsible for Tommy's death.  In exchange, she escapes prison, and will be placed in a 12-step program for people like her.

Killers Anonymous. Seven years. A convicted felon.

Against her better judgment, Amelia swallows her pride, and takes the deal.  She trades truth for safety.

At her second 12-step meeting, she learns a serial killer is stalking members of the 12-step program.  When the medical director of the program, Dr. Barton Ponder, thwarts her escape attempt, Amelia realizes her only choice is to find the killer before she becomes the next victim.

Killers Anonymous.  Where nobody is innocent.  Will Amelia do whatever it takes to survive?

Now that you know a little about the story, please help me choose the cover art.  Killers Anonymous will be available in Summer 2012 from Amyst Books as an e-book, available at all your favorite places such as Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, and of course, through my web site.  And if you'd like to be on my mailing list to receive a sneak peak and learn more about Amelia's journey, send me a direct tweet at www.twitter.com/clphillips787, and I'll put you on my dear readers list.


Your cover choices are :  Silhouette or Face.  Don't be shy.  Pick your favorite.  And thank you for your support. I really appreciate your help.

9 comments:

C.L. Phillips said...

My apologies on the late post. I corrected an error after scheduling the post and it wiped out my time schedule. You think I''d have this down by now! :)

Be sure to vote! I need you help. I am so not a graphics or cover girl. :))

Jenna said...

I still say the one with everything on it. Face, gun, and fleeing figures.

C.L. Phillips said...

Thanks. I'm hoping some of our readers will comment. The Silhouette and Face are in a dead heat, tied on count at this point.

Truth is I love both of these covers.

I put the question on my facebook. I'll let you know what the wider group has to say.

Joyce Tremel said...

Definitely the one with the face. It seems more personal. The first one is rather cold.

Patg said...

Sorry, don't like faces of any kind on books. Silhouette suits me.
Patg

C.L. Phillips said...

Patg,

Thanks for voting! I can't pick. I need every bit of help I can get.

Take care,

C.L.

Liz Milliron said...

I think I initially voted for the face. But now I also really like the "KA" logo on the first one.

I am SO not helping!

Gina said...

Sorry, I just don't like either one with "running figures" - they look like a couple out jogging, nothing to suggest an innocent convicted killer running for her life.

C.L. Phillips said...

Thanks to everyone. Love the explanations. And I'm glad to see everyone so passionate about their choice. I'll keep you posted on how it turns out.