by Gina Sestak
Good morning, all. It's my turn to post again, and I completely forgot!
This isn't anything new. I've been a mush brain for as long as I can remember, but I usually make up for it.
It's been that kind of a week. On Friday morning, I got up and took the cat's medication by mistake. Taffy takes* Tapazole for an overactive thyroid. I was making coffee, feeding the cats, etc. I took Taffy's morning dose out of the bottle and, without thinking, put it in my own mouth. It wasn't until the unfamiliar after-taste hit me that I realized what I had done. Since my health insurance is through Highmark, I was able to consult Blues on Call. The nice woman I spoke with assured me that other people have taken their pets' medications, too. I think she was lying. She thought the dose was low enough that it wouldn't have any impact, but she referred me to the Poison Control Center just in case. The person there also said the dose was likely harmless. Still, I felt like a total flaming idiot. Have you ever done anything that dumb?
*Anyone who has ever tried to give a cat medication knows that cats don't "take" it. It's more like shoving a pill down the throat of a squirming furball with claws.